About the Theme
Goal: To practice thinking on our feet in front of an audience as well as getting comfortable and giving our best effort even if there's little time to prepare.
Useful for: General confidence when speaking and those times when we didn't expect to present. Whether it's a group meeting at work and the CEO has us a say a few words about our project or we are surprised with an award, it demonstrates poise and confidence to be able to rise to the occasion.
Speech Length: 3 minutes
Preparation: None required. You'll have 1 minute to prepare just prior to speaking. Feel free to practice before the party on your own with random topics, giving yourself 1 min prep and 3 minutes of talk time.
- A computer with a webcam
- Notebook (suggested)
Speech Party Agenda & Instructions
A Note on Time: Our goal is to make public speaking practice accessible to busy people. Our agenda is fast-paced and the party will start and end on time to help people plan there day. Please do your best to sign in early. For those who want to network and continue the party, we invite you to the after-party
Before the Speech Party
- Your first Speech Party? Click on the link to the party room in the email you receive after you RSVP. Doing a tech check before and familiarizing yourself with the party room helps us get started on time at the party (Time Required: 5-10 minutes).
- 5 minutes before: sign in. The last person to sign in is the first person to speak.
During the Speech Party (Max Length: 1 hour)
- 10 minutes: Welcome & Ice Breaker
- 40 minutes: Themed Public Speaking Practice
- 10 minutes: Lessons Learned & Thank you
After the Speech Party