- To attend this *live* online training, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $10
- Important: Please note the calendar is scheduled in the time zone of Tel Aviv, Israel. Here's a cool tool that makes it easy to calculate what time the event will take place where you are.
What is "Special Occasions Practice" most useful for?
- overcoming the fear of public speaking (in a highly-encouraging atmosphere)
- finding the right tone for special occasions
- boosting your adaptation skills (eg quick thinking on your feet) for high-pressure environments
ABOUT THE THEME
Goal: To say words that are respectful and honor the occasion, focusing on the positives and highlighting the special reason for gathering together.
Useful for: Weddings, graduations, awards ceremonies and virtually any event that celebrates specific people or milestones. Humor can make these occasions especially fun, but can also come across as disrespectful, if taken the wrong way. This is a good party to try out special occasion humor before the event.
Speech Length: 4 minutes
Preparation: Required. You'll receive the specific topic to prepare for in the invitations. Reminder: you can always substitute special occasion material for the suggested topic, if you are needing to practice an upcoming speech.
- A computer with a webcam
- A notebook (suggested)
Feedback: What to do, what not to do and how to help your friends. Click here to read more.
SPEECH PARTY AGENDA & INSTRUCTIONS
A Note on Time: Our goal is to make public speaking practice accessible to busy people. Our agenda is fast-paced and the party will start and end on time to help people plan there day. Please do your best to sign in early. For those who want to network and continue the party, we invite you to the after-party
Before the Speech Party
- Your first Speech Party? Click on the link to the party room in the email you receive after you RSVP. Doing a tech check before and familiarizing yourself with the party room helps us get started on time at the party (Time Required: 5-10 minutes).
- 5 minutes before: sign in. The last person to sign in is the first person to speak.
During the Speech Party (Max Length: 1 hour)
- 10 minutes: Welcome & Ice Breaker
- 40 minutes: Themed Public Speaking Practice
- 10 minutes: Lessons Learned & Thank you
After the Speech Party