- To attend this *live* online training, email: email@example.com
- Cost: $10
- Important: Please note the calendar is scheduled in the time zone of Tel Aviv, Israel. Here's a cool tool that makes it easy to calculate what time the event will take place where you are.
What is "Speed Practice" most useful for?
- overcoming the fear of public speaking (in a highly-encouraging atmosphere)
- learning to speak in your authentic voice by not relying on a script
- boosting your adaptation skills (eg quick thinking on your feet) for high-pressure environments
MORE ABOUT THE THEME
Goal: To practice quick-thinking on our feet in front of an audience as well as getting comfortable and giving our best effort even if there's little time to prepare.
Useful for: General confidence when speaking and those times when we didn't expect to present. Whether it's a group meeting at work and the CEO has us a say a few words about our project or we are surprised with an award, it demonstrates poise and confidence to be able to rise to the occasion.
Speech Length: 3 minutes
Preparation: None required. You'll have 1 minute to prepare just prior to speaking. Feel free to practice before the party on your own with random topics, giving yourself 1 min prep and 3 minutes of talk time.
- A computer with a webcam
- Notebook (suggested)
Feedback: What to do, what not to do and how to help your friends. Click here to read more.
SPEECH PARTY AGENDA & INSTRUCTIONS
A Note on Time: Our goal is to make public speaking practice accessible to busy people. Our agenda is fast-paced and the party will start and end on time to help people plan there day. Please do your best to sign in early.
Before the Speech Party
- Your first Speech Party? Click on the link to the party room in the email you receive after you RSVP. Doing a tech check before and familiarizing yourself with the party room helps us get started on time at the party (Time Required: 5-10 minutes).
- 5 minutes before: sign in. The last person to sign in is the first person to speak.
Speech Party Agenda (Max Length: 1 hour)
- 10 minutes: Welcome & Ice Breaker
- 40 minutes: Themed Public Speaking Practice
- 10 minutes: Lessons Learned & Thank you