About the Theme
Goal: to instruct the audience on the steps involved in doing something. The audience should be able to replicate the outcome with the material presented.
Useful for: Educators and professionals wanting to practice their instructional skills. Engaging the audience and entertaining them, while explaining how to do something, makes the instructions memorable.
Speech Length: 4 minutes
Preparation: Required. You'll receive the specific topic to prepare for in the invitations. Reminder: you can always substitute work material for the suggested topic, if you are needing to practice an upcoming presentation.
- A computer with a webcam
- A notebook (suggested)
Feedback: What to do, what not to do and how to help your friends. Click here to read more.
Speech Party Agenda & Instructions
A Note on Time: Our goal is to make public speaking practice accessible to busy people. Our agenda is fast-paced and the party will start and end on time to help people plan there day. Please do your best to sign in early. For those who want to network and continue the party, we invite you to the after-party
Before the Speech Party
- Your first Speech Party? Click on the link to the party room in the email you receive after you RSVP. Doing a tech check before and familiarizing yourself with the party room helps us get started on time at the party (Time Required: 5-10 minutes).
- 5 minutes before: sign in. The last person to sign in is the first person to speak.
During the Speech Party (Max Length: 1 hour)
- 10 minutes: Welcome & Ice Breaker
- 40 minutes: Themed Public Speaking Practice
- 10 minutes: Lessons Learned & Thank you
After the Speech Party