About the Theme
Goal: To present information in an engaging manner, holding the audience's attention and interest until the end of the speech. Mission is accomplished when the audience walks away with a new found appreciation of the topic as well as a positive impression of the speaker's expertise.
Useful for: Educators and professionals who want to share their expertise. Try techniques out that will spice up bland business presentations at this party. Note how it changes the tone of the workday and gives the team something to look forward to when an informative presentations becomes entertaining.
Speech Length: 4 minutes
Preparation: Required. You'll receive the specific topic to prepare for in the invitations. Reminder: you can always substitute work material for the suggested topic, if you are needing to practice an upcoming presentation.
- A computer with a webcam
- A notebook (suggested).
Feedback: What to do, what not to do and how to help your friends. Click here to read more.
Speech Party Agenda & Instructions
A Note on Time: Our goal is to make public speaking practice accessible to busy people. Our agenda is fast-paced and the party will start and end on time to help people plan there day. Please do your best to sign in early. For those who want to network and continue the party, we invite you to the after-party
Before the Speech Party
- Your first Speech Party? Click on the link to the party room in the email you receive after you RSVP. Doing a tech check before and familiarizing yourself with the party room helps us get started on time at the party (Time Required: 5-10 minutes).
- 5 minutes before: sign in. The last person to sign in is the first person to speak.
During the Speech Party (Max Length: 1 hour)
- 10 minutes: Welcome & Ice Breaker
- 40 minutes: Themed Public Speaking Practice
- 10 minutes: Lessons Learned & Thank you
After the Speech Party